Friday, July 10, 2015


5th Oct. 2011

I've been thinking.
Rikuzen Takata I visited yesterday after Kesennuma was even worse for its flatness and vastness that allowed the tsunami's spread.
The entire city had practically disappeared.




I looked at the debris which had been fairy cleared by now after 7 months. They were all what we see around us in our lives.

Concrete, floor material, ceiling material, plastic goods, tire, car body, parts of chair, table, furniture, window, wall, computer... all of which had been produced in recent age, late 20th century, and 21st century.
In other wards, we are living in debris.
A lot of thinking and I cannot conclude.
A lot of lives were gone as well.





This picture is the remain of a secondary school. I asked the security officer near by to make sure that the pupils had safely evacuated.
No, he said. About half had died, believing no tsunami would come.

I'm saying, we might be overdeveloping.
Over making. Over manufacturing. Over creating. Over working because we have to survive with the current life standard. Therefore over producing. Over trusting the technology. No disaster would come. Over estimating. Under estimating the nature, the fate, maybe god.
...I don't know.
I really do not know.

No comments: