Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today's what-about

Takada Central Hospital, Niigata pref., Japan.

My father went in to the treatment room at 1:15 pm. Anestassia and other preparation for half an hour then went on with endoscopy surgery.

Came out at 3:20 pm. Taken by a nurse (so pretty that my father was exited before entering the treatment room) to his room upstairs while we remained for hearing from the doctor.

The doctor who had operated my father appeared and talked to my mother, my uncle and me showing the organ piece pinned on a small board. It was the cancer removed from my father's esophagus (the tube the food goes through between your mouth and stomach).

The doctor explained that my father was okay, that the surgery had been successfully completed and that my father might be discharged in 5 days.

He may have to come back to the hospital 2-3 weeks later for enlarging a part of his esophagus section by another minor endoscopy. Since that particular section was shrunk by thinning the tube's thickness when the cancer removed, causing a bottle-neck situation, this section has to be widened by a small balloon in order to avoid meat and potato and carrot and those big pieces get stuck here when consumed.

Otherwise my father is perfectly fine.

I thank you all with your sympathy.


Kashino

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Kashino San

Omedeto, wish your father get well soon.

You or your father so excited? heee....

Best regards.

From all of us at Aroma.