Saturday, January 17, 2009

I was an ambitious boy, not for money but for professional achievement. So, I didn't bother much about the amount of salary I would get.

A small consultancy firm was never famous of a high wage. My first salary was slightly less than 100,000 yen, which could be more than 3,000 ringgit now, but was something like 1,000 ringgit before yen went mad. So I was not proud of my salary at all.

That neither means that I intend to set your salary low to repeat what I have had, nor that I regret myself in the past and willing to give you generously.

I am now working on a review of the very initial amount a new staff is paid, and will adjust the amount in accordance with his/her experience, qualification and the current market situation.

I'm also thinking of calculating how much that initial salary will become after certain number of years with a rate of annual increment, and see whether the current salary of senior members are justifiable or not.

No comments: